Sunday, May 2, 2010

calling doctor, doctor detroit




Hey folks! I got a new 15" i5 Macbook Pro that I'm very happy with. It was time for an upgrade, given that nospectacle has a performance in Montreal in June at MUTEK. Been busy getting the live set prepared. Trying my hand at making my own sounds and we are supposed to shoot some HD video for our projections at the festival. I am so excited because I've never been to Montreal! This is a very highly regarded music festival and I am honoured (yes, the Canadian spelling) to be a part of it.

Keepin tabs on my friends at OCD: OmniCorpDetroit and trying to make time to get more involved! They are excellent resources for the community and encourage weird creativity. We need more of this in Detroit. It's nice to feel like you're part of a group of like-minded heads.

Walter and I joined a CSA in Detroit with our pals Sarah and Davin! It's called FAITH Farm. Yummy food so far. Can't wait for the peak of the season.

Been uploading a lot of stuff to Flickr: check out the photostream here. Thankfully I seem to be getting out of a funk. Biking, pushups, weight lifting, and dancing around in circles with my new friends Stella Ruby, Logan, Steve, Ann and of course Mira Jane at Public Pool on a regular basis! Super cool gallery in the former Design99 space.

Got a sleep study to try to rule out narcolepsy and still don't know the results so I've got that lingering over my head.

One last thing, anyone excellent in basic algebra want to give me a refresher so I can pass this math competency test and get my long-awaited BFA from Wayne State so I can get on with grad school? E-mail me or comment! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment